Banque de France and Bocconi University (BAFFI CAREFIN and BIDSA) organize a conference on “USING ALTERNATIVE DATASETS FOR MACRO ANALYSIS AND MONETARY POLICY” on 17-18 October 2019 in Milano. The conference will cover a variety of themes related to the use of alternative datasets for economic analysis and monetary policy, such as:
• Econometric methods for the analysis of large unstructured datasets
• Structural analysis with large datasets
• Large micro datasets for monetary policy
• Monetary and macro models estimated with alternative datasets
• Empirical analyses based on heterogeneous agents models
• Macroeconomic now-casting and forecasting with alternative datasets
• Early Warning Systems based on large datasets
• Use of alternative datasets for emerging economies
• Text-mining techniques
Michael McMahon, University of Oxford, and Domenico Giannone, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, will give keynote lectures.
If you would like to submit a paper or participate, please follow the instructions in the attached call for papers.
CALL FOR PAPER